The Will2Walk Board of Directors is proud to announce the scholarship recipients for the first half of 2022! Representing 8 states, these 11 deserving applicants were awarded a total of $12,000 in scholarships toward the following items:
- Wayne Benton, Georgia – Sports Equipment (Firefly)
- Francois Fried, Florida – Shower chair
- Anthony Giacinto, California – Transportation
- Annelisas Gomez, California – Sports Equipment
- Dennis Hooper, Oregon – Bowling Ball
- Andre Lang, Colorado – Therapy
- Alli Mckernan, Washington – Therapy
- Kortlund Natterstad, Colorado – Track attachment
- Monte Rhoads, Oregon – Track attachment
- Ethan Sellets, Alabama – All sport chair
- Bryce Smith, Arizona – Training and adaptive skiing
Scholarship decisions were made after careful review and recommendation from the Will2Walk Scholarship Committee.
“For this cycle, we received 51 applications totaling almost $230,000 in requests,” noted Jen Chaillie, Will2Walk Vice President and Committee Chair. “While we continue to play catch up from event income lost during pandemic, we are proud to be able to keep our Scholarship Program going and improve the lives of these individuals!”
Many thanks to committee member LaRonda Hart for her participation in the decision process. For more information on our Scholarship Program, click here, or donate today to help us provide future scholarships!