The Will2Walk Board of Directors is proud to announce the scholarship recipients for the second half of 2021! Representing 5 states, these 10 deserving applicants were awarded a total of $12,000 in scholarships toward the following items:
- Jim Beck, Alaska – Off-road Hand Cycle
- Andrew Bogdanov, Arizona – Tennis Fees
- Amy Burnett, Tennessee – Transportation
- Ernest Chun, Arizona – Rugby Chair
- William Cotter, Florida – Handcycle
- Katie Garcia, Arizona – Freewheel Attachment
- Jordan Koeninger, Arizona – Team Expenses
- Jessica Larsen, Arizona – Basketball Chair
- Briauna Lopez, Oregon – FES Bike
- Kaitlyn Verfuerth, Arizona – Handcycle
Scholarship decisions were made after careful review and recommendation from the Will2Walk Scholarship Committee.
“For this cycle, we received 64 applications totaling more than $275,000 in requests,” noted Jen Chaillie, Will2Walk Vice President and Committee Chair. “Unfortunately, due to minimal event income during the pandemic, we were extremely limited in what we could award. The need is great, and your support is more crucial than ever to continue to provide these scholarships!”
Many thanks to committee member LaRonda Hart and Executive Director Mary Vandenberg for their participation in the decision process. For more information on our Scholarship Program, click here, or donate today to help us provide future scholarships!