The Will2Walk Board of Directors is proud to announce the scholarship recipients for the first half of 2019! Representing six states and two countries, these ten deserving applicants were awarded a total of $25,000 in scholarships toward the following items:
- Filsan Awale, Arizona, Education
- CJ Brown, Arizona, Rugby Chair
- Channing Cash, California, Handcycle
- Daniel Clemente, Arizona, Sport Team Travel Fees
- Teresa Conbeer, New York, FES Cycle
- Daniel Gomez, Mexico, Beach Chair
- Britney Hil, Nevada, Smart Drive
- Debra Rogers, Kentucky, Transportation
- Will Sikes, Arizona, Men’s Empowerment Camp
- Taylor Surfus, Maryland, Race Chair
Scholarship decisions were made after careful review and recommendation from the Will2Walk Scholarship Committee.
“For this cycle, we received 30 applications totaling more than $125,000 in requests,” noted Jen Chaillie, Will2Walk Vice President and Committee Chair. “We were ecstatic to be able to award $25K this cycle, a 25% increase over last fall, and hope that we can continue this trend!”
Many thanks to committee member Adrienne Cole and Executive Director Mary Vandenberg for their participation in the decision process. For more information on our Scholarship Program, click here, or donate today to help us provide future scholarships!