For those with physical and neurological disabilities, the thought of being able to waterski or kayak may seem impossible. Thanks to the Barrow Neurological Institute’s Day on the Lake program, participants of all ages will be able to enjoy adapted watersports at one of the most accessible waterside facilities in Arizona—Bartlett Lake Marina.
Will2Walk is a proud sponsor of the multi-day event, which provides instruction and participation in the following activities:
- jet ski rides
- boat rides
The Day on the Lake program is offered to:
- children ages 3-8 (fishing and boat ride only)
- children and adults 8 years and older (all activities)
- those with physical and/or neurological challenges who are at least 1 year post injury
Day(s) on the Lake 2014 will be held on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 15 through Saturday, May 17
- Thursday, June 12 (open only to children and teens) and Friday, June 13 (open to all)
- Thursday, September 11 (open to all) and Friday, September 12 (open only to veterans of the United States Armed Forces)
The public is invited to come out and watch the day’s events and activities—we hope to see you there!
To register for Day on the Lake or to sponsor a participant, please call the Resource Link at 877-602-4111. Contact the Barrow Connection at 602-406-6280 with any questions. For more information, view the event flyer or visit their website.