Will2Walk is a proud sponsor and participant of the Arizona Disabled Sports (AzDS) 5th Annual Run, Walk & Roll 5K/10K coming up on Saturday, January 11 at Tempe Beach Park. A fun event for all ages and abilities, the Run, Walk & Roll is a great way to get a healthy start to the New Year and support a key partner of Will2Walk.
“I look forward to this event every year because it brings together our community and encourages both the able-bodied and disabled to stay active,” notes Will2Walk President Rich Hamill. “AzDS provides such valuable programs, which truly support our mission of enhancing the quality of life for those with spinal cord injuries.”
A $30 registration fee applies for the 5K (3.1 mi), 10K (6.2 mi) and 1-mile fitness walk, and a $10 registration fee applies for the 0.5-mile kids fun run. AzDS is offering a holiday promotion of a $5 discount off registration through November 28. See registration instructions below on how to take advantage of this offer.
All entrants will receive a Sunflower Markets sponsored goody bag and event refreshments, access to numerous vendors and ideal temperatures for a race. Entrants in the 5K and 10K events and the 1-mile fitness walk will receive a commemorative technical shirt. Youth participants will receive a bright, fun t-shirt. For a schedule of events and route maps, visit the Run, Walk & Roll website.
The event will feature four food trucks to enjoy at the conclusion of the race. Each truck will contribute 10% of the proceeds to Arizona Disabled Sports. Featured will be BuzznBee Good Food Truck, Burgers Amore, Grilled Cheese Truck, and Lunch a Libre.
Will2Walk hopes to have the largest team at the event! To join our team, please follow the instructions below to register online:
- Access the online registration site.
- If you do not have a ChronoTrack Live login, you can log in using your Facebook, Yahoo or Google account; create a new account; or just register by saying “Continue”.
- Once logged in, choose which event you would like to participate in.
- Populate or verify your personal information and agree to the waiver.
- When the Team screen appears, type in “Will2Walk” and select it when it pops up. You should now see Will2Walk appear in the registration box on the right side of your screen. (If Will2Walk is not recognized, keep it in the search box and hit Next.)
- Continue to fill in your personal contact information, emergency contact information, and T-shirt size.
- If registering prior to November 28, enter “Holiday2014” when the promotional discount code screen appears.
- Register another participant or continue with Checkout and payment.
- Once you hit “Pay”, you should get a confirmation message and an email will be sent to you.
Arizona Disabled Sports is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose primary mission is to provide a wide variety of sports and recreation opportunities for individuals with all types of disability. Toward this end, the Association will work to educate, inform and include the community in a comprehensive effort to provide year round activities. The Run, Walk and Roll event will support the adaptive sports programs by providing opportunities for new uniforms, upgraded adaptive equipment, special event support and much more.