Will2Walk is a proud sponsor and participant of the Arizona Disabled Sports (AzDS) 4th Annual Run, Walk & Roll 5K/10K coming up on Saturday, January 5 at Tempe Beach Park. A fun event for all ages and abilities, the Run, Walk & Roll is a great way to get a healthy start to the New Year and support a key partner of Will2Walk.
“I look forward to this event every year because it brings together our community and encourages both the able-bodied and disabled to stay active,” notes Will2Walk President Rich Hamill. “AzDS provides such valuable programs, which truly support our mission of enhancing the quality of life for those with spinal cord injuries.”
A $25 registration fee applies for the 5K (3.1 mi), 10K (6.2 mi) and 1-mile fitness walk, and a $10 registration fee applies for the 0.5-mile kids fun run. All entrants receive a commemorative technical shirt, goody bag, pre- and post-race refreshments, access to numerous community vendors, and ideal temperatures for a race. For a schedule of events and route maps, visit the Run, Walk & Roll website.
In 2011, Will2Walk had the largest team, with more than 60 participants signed up for the various events. Sign up today to help us beat our previous record! And be sure to stop by the Will2Walk booth to grab some coffee and say hi!
To join the Will2Walk team, please follow the instructions below to register online:
- Access the online registration site.
- If you do not have a ChronoTrack Live login, you can log in using your Facebook, Yahoo or Google account; create a new account; or just register by saying “No Thanks”.
- Once logged in, choose which event you would like to participate in. Be sure to choose the “Team” option of the event you pick so that you can register as part of the Will2Walk Team.
- Populate or verify your personal information and agree to the waiver.
- Type in “Will2Walk” and select it when it pops up. You should now see Will2Walk appear in the registration box on the right side of your screen.
- Continue to fill in your contact information and provide credit card information.
- Once you hit “Pay”, you should get a confirmation message and an email will be sent to you.
Arizona Disabled Sports is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization dedicated to providing individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities from around the state an opportunity to participate in year round sports programs and events. The Run, Walk and Roll event has been established to create awareness and raise funding for the adaptive sports and recreation programs provided by AzDS.
[…] Join the W2W team for the AzDS Run, Walk & Roll on Jan. 5! – Will2Walk […]