Did you know that September is National Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Awareness Month? In support of our own mission to create awareness of spinal cord injuries, the Will2Walk Foundation announces the Triple Your Donation Campaign.
Every dollar donated in September will have a dollar-for-dollar match by a Will2Walk Board Member, and then another dollar-for-dollar match through a corporate matching program. That means your donation will have three times the impact it normally would.
“Our goal for this campaign is to raise $1,000, which will actually end up being $3,000. With our new Life Enhancement Grant Program, this amount will allow us to help pay for physical therapy, equipment, assistance with training, or partial homecare service for someone living with an SCI,” emphasized President Rich Hamill.
Every 48 minutes, someone in the U.S. is paralyzed from a spinal cord injury. Imagine the difference you could make in their lives by supporting Will2Walk. Every dollar counts—will you help Will2Walk reach our goal today? Donate Now!
Other ways to support us this month
- Like our page on Facebook
- Post this article on your Facebook wall
Be sure to check back on will2walk.org for features on the first two grant recipients of the Life Enhancement Grant Program, which awards grants to SCI individuals needing financial assistance for equipment and services that improve their general quality of life and provide opportunity for physical fitness.
In 2011, September was designated National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month by the U.S. Senate, who:
- supports research to find better treatments, therapies, and a cure for paralysis
- supports clinical trials for new therapies that offer promise and hope to those persons living with paralysis
- commends the dedication of local regional, and national organizations, researchers, doctors, volunteers, and people across the United States that are working to improve the quality of life of people living with paralysis and their families